Tuesday, November 10, 2009

more about the Naked Speed Bike

The ultimate and original goal of the Naked Speed KZ 750 was to run 11.9's. This goal was started by lets make it faster than Justin's modern fuel injected SV 650, which in turn is a bike length or two faster than my 77 gs750, which for some reason was faster than the KZ when "sarge" owned it.

Last weekend Justin ran a 12.2 with the current modifications, so we are close to reaching the goal. Last weekend was the first night we strapped the front down and had solid struts. We also adjusted the handlebars, which did make a big difference. We also fitted the bike with an electronic tachometer with a shift light.

So far the suspension adjustment helped the bike significantly. I am told all the time to run a slick with a wheelie bar when using solid struts. The suspension was so bad that I still am convinced that this set up is better than before.

There are plans to put a ninja 250 front end on the bike as those front ends are small, light, and have a single disc brake. For the rear we are still up in the air... stretch it?

Thats all I have for today, keep posted for the random feature articles on the history of metric-cycles and our results for Friday night, hope to see you there actually--If there is anyone who reads this.

Also for the future I am working on a "How to do a nice rattle can paint job without knowing what your doing" tutorial whenever I get that together.

2 comments:

  1. I did a spell check and the stupid yellow squares stay there after I publish it??/ wtf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "how to paint without knowing what your doing". That is perfection.

    ReplyDelete