Friday, February 12, 2010

Renthal UL's on the 9'er


After shoveling three and a half feet of snow off the Honda, I decided to put on them new Renthals. This is a pretty common mod that peeps do to the 9'er as the stock chrome bars are kinda bleh. These bars are lower and put the rider in a slightly more forward angled body position. A lot of people talk about having to drill holes when putting aftermarket bars on, but drilling into aluminum is probably not a good idea, and it takes way to long. The holes are for the small nubs on the inside of the blinker mount and on the throttle. Just grind the nubs off, and put on some JB Weld if your really worried about stuff moving, or electric tape.

One thing about putting on lower bars such as these, the stock mirrors no longer work. Since the bars are lower, the clutch and front brake lever are angled down further, making the mirrors point at the airplanes flying above. I never used to even use mirrors on my old zooky, but after using these stock mirrors while riding in traffic, I like mirrors. I'm just going to put on a small bar end mountain bike mirror and I got a 10 dollar set of bar end sliders for dirtbike bars. The bars costed 58 bucks, the mirror I'm getting for free, and the bar ends were 10. So this entire thing, assuming JB Weld is at your house, should run about 80 dollars. It ads to a super cool look and it feels much much better than the stocker bars.

For those of you who think that a blog about traveling India is cooler than my blog, you can go %^&* yourselves. Sorry I'm not traveling around India and have a really cool blog. Sorry my blog is about a dead beat race team and the stupid stuff we do. You all know who you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment